The Soundcare SuperSpike is an all new-design, all-in-one spike foot. The unique construction of the SuperSpike eliminates the most common problem experienced when using a conventional spike: damaged surfaces, while offerings the benefits of isolating the equipment from external vibrations in the environment.
All Soundcare® spikes are spikes with a rounded tip (0.5 mm in diameter) standing in a crater with a flat bottom. In this way we get a very small contact area combined with enormous strength.
The Soundcare SuperSpike is an assembly of :
- An outer, sturdy, clean looking housing of ABS plastic (1)
- Spike made of first class case hardened steel (2)
- Zinc casing (3) that reduces resonances in the spike and is specially designed to hold the plastic housing when the equipment is lifted
- Zinc disc (4) with a mild steel insert (5)
- Self adhesive felt disc made from 1.25mm quality felt with permanent fairly high coatweight tape
- Lock nut
It can be smart to measure your old spikes before you buy. Here are some thread specifications:
M6 --> 6mm outer diameter --> 10 threads per cm
M8 --> 8mm outer diameter --> 8 threads per cm
M10 - supported with the Soundcare SuperSpikes thread converter --> 10mm outer diameter --> 6.67 threads per cm
M12 (NOT SUPPORTED) --> 12mm outer diameter --> 5.7 threads per cm
1/4" --> 1/4 inch = app. 6.35 mm outer diameter --> 20 threads per inch = app. 7.8 threads per cm.
5/16" --> 5/16 inch = app. 7.94 mm outer diameter --> 18 threads per inch = app. 7.05 threads per cm
3/8" (NOT SUPPORTED) --> 3/8 inch = app. 9.3 mm outer diameter --> 16 threads per inch = app. 6.45 threads per cm
7/16" (NOT SUPPORTED) --> 7/16 inch = app. 10.1 mm outer diameter --> 14 threads per inch = app. 5.65 threads per cm
1/2" (NOT SUPPORTED) --> 1/2 inch = app. 12.4 mm outer diameter --> 12 threads per inch = app. 4.85 threads per cm