5040 is a notably compact floorstander with a modest footprint - which means it’s ideal for those environments where space is at a premium but the desire for full-scale audio excitement (as well a visual gratification) is strong.
- C3 Continuous Curved ConeTM design in the mid/bass driver ensures smoother high-frequency integration with the tweeter and superior bass dynamics.
- Sophisticated, clean and contemporary design with dark acrylic baffle motif mirrors the minimalist C3 Continuous Curved ConeTM profile.
- Arrives in four stylish finishes: Satin Black,Satin White, Santos Rosewood and Holme Oak.
- With a design taken from the Concept series but in a new housing, the high-frequency driver is fully hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated from the front baffle to protect from internal cabinet pressure and resonances from the mid/bass driver.
- Ground-up mid/bass driver design delivers increased power handling.
- Point-2-PointTM (P2P) internal bracing stiffens the cabinet to minimise lower frequency vibrations, while focusing stereo imaging and improving soundstage.
- Helmholtz Pressure Equalisers (HPETM) reduces internal pressure and standing waves
- Bass unit2 x 125 mm (5.0 in)
- Treble unit1 x 25 mm (1.0 in)
- Frequency response(-6dB)39 Hz - 30 kHz
- Nominal impedance6 Ω
- Minimum impedance3.0 Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1kHz)91.5 dB/w/m
- Recommended amplifier power25-150 W
- Crossover frequency2.5 kHzz
- Effective volume27 L
- Dimensions (per loudspeaker / HxWxD)Inc spikes and stabiliser: 967 x 361 x 293 mm (38.1 x 14.2 x 11.5 in)
- Weight (per loudspeaker)18.0 kg (39.7 lbs)