BluOS Streaming Amplifier – Hybrid Digital UcD Amplifier
A Feast for the Senses
The C 700 BluOS Streaming Amplifier was designed for the streaming age. Connect your speakers, then use the intuitive BluOS app on your smartphone, tablet, PC, or Mac to select the music you want to hear. It will sound glorious.
Through its HybridDigital UcD output stage, the C 700 can deliver 2×80 watts of continuous power and 2×120 watts of instantaneous power, for effortless reproduction of musical transients. NAD’s highly efficient HybridDigital UcD amplifier design is renowned for ultra-low noise and distortion through the entire audioband, regardless of the loudspeaker load.
Thanks to its elegant, minimalist design and premium materials, the C 700 will engage all your senses — not just hearing, but sight and touch as well. The amplifier is housed in a solid aluminum case, with a smooth glass front panel and 5″ high-definition colour display that shows album art, track progress, and system settings.
Following menus on the C 700’s colour display, you can adjust amplifier settings with the control knob and navigation buttons on the front panel. And the C 700 can learn commands from your favourite remote control.
A Modern Classic
With built-in Ethernet and Wi-Fi, and a network streamer based on the rich, robust BluOS software platform, the C 700 has everything you need to play music through your favourite speakers. Using the BluOS Controller app, you can cue up music from dozens of different streaming and Web radio services, or play music stored on an external drive connected to the C 700’s USB port.
Like all BluOS-enabled components, the C 700 supports high-resolution audio to 24-bit/192kHz, and has full MQA decoding and rendering capability. With these features, you can enjoy lossless and high-resolution audio from services such as Amazon Music Ultra HD, Deezer, Qobuz, and Tidal.
The C 700 supports Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect, so you can control playback from the apps for those services; and Apple AirPlay 2, so you can stream music from Apple devices and iTunes libraries. You can also cue up music by voice, using the Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, or Google Assistant protocol.
NAD offers software tools that allow smart-home specialists to integrate the C 700 into home-automation systems from Control4, Crestron, Elan, RTI, and others. This allows control of music playback, along with other home systems like lighting, shades, HVAC, and security.
The C 700 has two pairs of RCA analog inputs, as well as coaxial and optical digital inputs, for connecting disc players, game consoles, media adapters, and other components. There’s also an HDMI-eARC port for connecting an HDTV with HDMI-ARC support. This allows the C 700’s volume setting to be adjusted from the TV’s remote.
In addition to the loudspeaker outputs, the C 700 has a subwoofer output jack. Using the BluOS app, you can set low- and high-pass crossover settings, for a seamless blend between the subwoofer and main speakers.
The C 700 also has two-way aptX HD Bluetooth, so you can listen to music through wireless headphones, and stream audio from any smart device.
The Legend Continues
There are many ways to enjoy the NAD C 700 BluOS Streaming Amplifier. It can serve as the hub of a standalone music system; or function as part of a BluOS whole-home music system with as many as 63 zones, with full support for high-resolution audio. The C 700 can also be combined with other AirPlay 2 components for whole-home music.
With the C 700, you can play music from your favourite streaming services and Web radio stations, or from a music library on a USB drive, through your loudspeakers; or you can listen though wireless headphones. The C 700’s digital and analogue inputs will accommodate your legacy components.
Ever since NAD introduced the legendary 3020 integrated amplifier in 1978, the NAD brand has been renowned for value, performance, and innovation. With the C 700 BluOS Streaming Amplifier, NAD has reinvented that tradition for the streaming age.
Features & Details
- HybridDigital UcD Amplifier
- Continuous Power: 80 Watts per channel into 8/4 ohms
- Instantaneous Power: 120 Watts per channel
- 5″ high-definition colour information display shows album art, track progress, and system settings
- Solid aluminum body and glass front panel
- Works with intuitive BluOS Controller app for Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows
- BluOS multi-room streaming to 63 zones
- High-resolution audio to 24-bit/192kHz
- MQA decoding and rendering
- Integrated support for dozens of streaming and Web radio services
- Lossless and high-resolution streaming from Amazon Music Ultra HD, Deezer, Idagio, Qobuz, and Tidal
- Support for Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- Voice control via Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, and Google Assistant
- Optical and coaxial digital inputs
- HDMI-eARC input
- USB Type A port for connecting an external drive
- Two pairs of line-level analogue inputs
- Subwoofer output, with filter settings controllable from BluOS app
- Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet
- Two-way aptX HD Bluetooth
- 12V Trigger output
- IR remote sensor input
- Available drivers for Control4, Crestron, Elan, RTI, and other home-automation systems