At the drive section of the MK7 is a coreless direct drive motor. While achieving both stable rotation and powerful torque, this has successfully eliminated a rotation irregularity called cogging, which was the only drawback of the direct drive system. As a result, sound quality was further improved.
The pitch control incorporates digital control to achieve improved tracking performance and accuracy. A reverse play function has been added to expand the breadth of DJ play style. The LED light can be set to illuminate in red or blue.
With these features and functions, the MK7 aims to set a new standard for DJ turntables — just add a cartridge and enjoy.
Coreless direct drive motor for high torque and reliability
- Newly developed coreless direct drive motor can reduce minute vibration during rotation while maintaining high torque.
- High-precision motor control technology switches the drive mode depending on the operational status of the motor and thus enables high torque and stability.
- Digital control method improves tracking and accuracy, allowing for accurate and stable pitch control.
High-precision bearings for highly sensitive tone arm
- The machine-cut, high-precision bearing used in the tone arm bearing with gimbal suspension allows for improved tracking, making skating less likely even during the most intense performances.
Vibration-cutting highly rigid cabinet and high-damping insulator
- This unit is designed to not only deliver high-quality sound and high feedback resistance, but also to efficiently cut off external vibration in very loud environments.
Functions for a wide range of uses
- Torque and brake speed adjustment.
- Reverse playback.
Stylus illuminator with a high-brightness, long-life white LED.
- Two strobe LED lamp colours to fit the user's preferences or environment.
Type Direct Drive Manual Turntable
Turntable Speeds 33-1/3, 45 rpm (with switch 78 rpm)
Starting Torque 0.18 N・m / 1.8 kg･cm
Build-up Characteristics 0.7 s. from standstill to 33 1/3 rpm
Wow And Flutter 0.025 % W.R.M.S.
Turntable Platter Aluminium diecast, Diameter: 332 mm (13-5/64 inch), Weight: Approx. 1.8 kg (4.0 lbs) (including slipmat and slipsheet)
Type Universal Static Balance
Effective Length 230 mm (9-1/16")
Overhang 15 mm (19/32")
Tracking Error Angle Within 2° 32' (at the outer groove of 30 cm record), Within 0° 32' (at the inner groove of 30 cm record)
Offset Angle 22°
Arm-height Adjustment Range 0 - 6 mm
Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range 0 - 4 g (Direct Reading)
Head Shell Weight Approx. 7.6 g
Applicable Cartridge Weight Range (without auxiliary weight) 5.6 - 12.0 g; 14.3 - 20.7 g (including head shell)
Head Shell Terminal Lug 1.2 mmφ 4-pin terminal lug
Power Supply AC 110-240 V, 60 Hz
Power Consumption 8 W | Approx. 0.2 W (Standby)
Dimensions (W x H x D) 453 x 169 x 353 mm | 17-27/32 × 6-21/32 × 13-29/32 inch
Weight Approx. 9.6 kg / 21.2 lbs
Accessories Turntable, Slipmat, Slipsheet, Dust cover, EP record adaptor, Balance weight, Head shell, Screw set for cartridge, PHONO cable, PHONO earth lead, AC power supply cord, Owner's Manual (cartridge not included)