The aesthetic of the Ruark RS1 matches nicely with Ruark's MR1 speakers, with the sub sporting a lead grey cabinet cloth along with rich walnut top and bottom panels.
The RS1 subwoofer makes use of Class D amplification, with a claimed output of 100 watts powering its 17cm downward-facing driver, which should be plenty for beefing up your music in smaller listening spaces.
Additionally, the Ruark sub offers a frequency response of 25Hz-200Hz and features an adjustable crossover filter ranging from 50-180Hz, useful for fine-tuning with your speakers.
The RS1 connects to the MR1 speakers using a mono RCA connection and includes a couple of nice user-friendly utilities. This includes an auto-on / standby feature, which automatically turns the speaker on/off depending on whether you're using it. There’s also a soft clipping filter, which provides automatic protection if the system is ever overloaded and avoids causing accidental damage.
- Frequency response 25Hz – 200Hz
- Cabinet Tuned passive radiator enclosure
- Drivers 170mm treated fibre long-throw active driver and 170mm passive radiator
- Amplifier 100W RMS Class D with soft clipping filter
- Controls Adjustable crossover 50–180Hz, input/volume level control and 180 degree phase switch
- Input Sub-input via Mono RCA input (up to 2.3Vrms)
- Finish Lead Grey cabinet cloth with Rich Walnut top and bottom panels
- Product compatibility RS1 is compatible with our MR1, R3S and R410 models or any other active speaker or amplifier with subwoofer or pre-out phono connectors
- Box contains RS1 subwoofer, mains lead, 1.5m RCA connector lead and quick start guide
- Power consumption 0.5W standby, 2.0W idle
- Product dimensions H300 × W250 × D265mm (inc. feet and controls)
- Product weight 6.7kg