The single speed RP78 has been designed and engineered to achieve outstanding performance way beyond the expectations of a product at this price point. Using our latest 24 V motor technology the new Planar 78 is also fitted with the latest RB220 precision tonearm and Advanced EBLT drive belt as standard.
Rega RB78 cartridge pictured
For the Love of 78 RPM Records
Designed solely for the reproduction of 78 rpm records, we have omitted any unnecessary gimmicks allowing us to concentrate the manufacturing costs on the high quality parts necessary to reproduce records accurately. The minimalist design of the Rega Planar 78 and the use of extremely high quality components ensure that your turntable should last for many years.
The RB220 offers astonishing performance and is one of Rega’s best selling tonearms. An evolution of the famous RB250, which was supplied as standard on early Planar 2 and P2 turntable, the RB220 uses our patented ultra lightweight high quality polymer bearing selected, high quality vertical and horizontal bearings. The tonearm uses our unique die-cast tube and a three point plinth mounting technique to reduce stress on the plinth and offers greater stability through the precision hand made tonearm. All of which translates into more music for you the listener.
- Matt black plinth finish new for 2023
- Hand assembled RB220 Rega tonearm
- Phenolic resin, flywheel effect platter
- High quality, 24 V low noise synchronous motor
- Advanced EBLT drive belt fitted as standard
- Clear dust cover
- Rega manufactures a dedicated 78 moving magnet cartridge, the RB78 (sold separately)
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
Hand assembled RB220 precision Tonearm
24 V low noise motor
- Dimensions (lid closed) (W x H x D)
447 x 117 x 360 mm
- Cartridge (optional)
Rega RB78 (sold separately)