NORMA is glad to present the new range of DACs converters designed to play the content of high resolution music files at their best. Beyond the technical properties, all aspects relevant to the sound reproduction were given the utmost attention in the HS-DA1. You can finally truly appreciate the actual quality of high resolution files, without the limitations imposed by inadequate implementation. Conversion and sound quality, operational capabilities and versatility place the NORMA HS-DA1 at the top of world production levels. The fully modular constructive solution turns the HS-DA1 into a unique product, which is able to meet even the most expert user’s needs and can be easily updated in the future. The NORMA HS-DA1 is available in 3 set-up levels.
HS-DA1, the basic version already offers all the features of an evolved DAC and is equipped with 5 full-bandwidth digital inputs (24-bit, 192KHz, USB and SPDIF), and both an RCA and XLR analog outputs.
HS-DA1 PRE Two additional analog inputs are also handled and there is a high quality class A output for 2 headphones. It is also possible to switch between a High / Low gain and between Active / Passive preamplifier modes. All functions can be remotely controlled.
Black finish is also available for additional $150.00.
- 5 digital inputs, USB, 2 x SPDIF RCA, SPDIF OPTICAL, AES-EBU. USB input and SPDIF full bandwidth, up to 24 Bit / 192 KHz.
- Possibility to select the oversampling frequency 44.1 KHz, 48.0kHz, 88.2KHz, 96.0KHz, 176.4kHz, 192.0 KHz or AUTO.
- Possibility to customise for each digital input all parameters, including the value of oversampling, clock source, digital filter, phase.
- Possibility to use as the master D/A clock source the local oscillator or the clock form input signal.
- Two separate local clock oscillator for the two values , 22MHz / 24 MHz (44.1 / 48KHz).
- Local Oscillator high stability, low Jitter and low phase noise.
- Two PCM 24 Bit Digital to Analogue converter.
- Digital filter x8 (or x4) oversampling.
- User selectable filter roll-off (Sharp & Slow).
- Proprietary I-V architecture conversion.
- Analogue output stage based with full discrete devices amplifier.
- Extreme low noise, high resolution and high speed.
- Wide band ( >2 MHz ) schematic topology.
- RCA and Balanced output connection.
- Separate power supply for Digital and Analogue Output stage.
- High filtering capacity with numerous low impedance capacitors.
- 15 Powers supply regulators.
- Toroidal transformer specially designed for audio applications.
Connections Digital Inputs :
IN1 : USB, 2.0 High Speed
IN2 : SPDIF RCA, 75Ohms
IN3 : AES/EBU XLR, 110Ohms
IN4 : TOSLINK OPTICAL, 96 KHz, (192.0 KHz may be achieved, but not guaranteed)
IN5 : SPDIF RCA, 75Ohms (IN5 can be set as SPDIF Output by CD Mechanism)
Sampling Frequencies: 44.1KHz, 88.2KHz, 176.4KHz, 48.0KHz, 96.0KHz, 192.0KHz
UpSampler Frequencies: 44.1KHz, 88.2KHz, 176.4KHz, 48.0KHz, 96.0KHz, 192.0KHz, AUTO MODE
Based on TI SRC4392
Clock performances: +/- 2ppm typ. at 25°, +/- 10ppm at 60°
Digital Filter: Slow & Sharp mode, based on TI DF1706
De-emphasis: 44.1KHz, 48.0KHz, auto e manual mode
Connections Outputs: Line RCA output, XLR Balanced
Outputs Voltage: 3.0 V RMS (+10 dBV) RCA (at 0 dB), 6.0 V RMS (+16 dBV) XLR(at 0 dB)
Output Impedance: 200 ohm
Analogue Output Filter: 0,0 to 180 kHz +/- 3 dB
Analogue Stage Frequency Response: 0,0 to 2MHz +/- 3 dB
Configuration: Solid state
Oversampling: DF 1706 8 x Digital Filter
Oversampling Filter: User selectable Sharp & Slow Roll-off filter response.
D/A Converter: PCM 1704 Multibit 24 Bit D/A converter
I/V Conversion: I/V Conversion by proprietary topology with discrete component
Output Stage: Proprietary topology with discrete component, high linearity & low noise
Supply: 230 V AC / 50 Hz, (100V AC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some country)
Dimensions (HxWxD): 126 x 215 x 350 mm
Weight: 5 Kg
Note: DAC Source with full remote control on PRE Version