New Model Using same chassis as N1 Top Model 6TB HDD!
The Melco N5 Digital Music Library is the next generation of the acclaimed Melco concept for extreme sound quality from both music stored within the N5, networked music, and external streaming services when used with a USB-DAC.
All Melco Digital Music Libraries play music into either Network Streamers or will play into USB-DAC, and can also be configured to operate without an Ethernet network.
Melco N5 features all-new electronics, with a new mainboard, high grade low noise internal linear power supply and extensive pro-grade connectivity.
Mechanical construction contributes to sound quality by minimising vibration and resonances, with isolating HDD mounting, robust steel panels and substantial aluminium components, and TAOC cast iron feet.
- Selected 6TB HDD drive with Melco HS3 (Highly Stable Storage System) mounting to optimise sound quality
- Pro-grade Neutrik ethernet connectors
- Ethernet SFP port for optical LAN connectivity
- Pro-grade Amphenol USB connectors
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports and 1 x USB 2.0 port for easy backup, expansion and DAC connectivity
- Easy music import from CD, USB flash drives or
- MinimServer or Twonky UPnP server or Roon Endpoint selectable
- SongKong metadata editor
1 x selected 5TB HDD with Melco HS3 mounting
LAN Port-Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T),
Dedicated PLAYER port, Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T),
SFP Port (1000 mbps MAX)
USB 2.0 port USB DAC-dedicated
2 x USB 3.0 port assignable as Import, Backup, DAC or expansion
(1 port rear and 1 port front panel)
USB player file support: DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF and AAC
USB player sample rate support
16-32 bit (PCM) to 384 kHz:- auto downsample to suit connected DACs
Gapless PCM support
1 bit (DSD) to 11.3 MHz Quad DSD, Markerless DSD support, Gapless DSD support
DSD to 32 bit PCM conversion selectable
OLED displays player sample rate and metadata
Pre-set 220-240 V AC or 110-120 V AC dependent on locality
Size 440 x 77 x 353mm