Just like the Standard Model 404, the 404 Reference amplifier will extract hidden elements, and render textures from within any audio format; but with the capability to drive any speaker on the market – despite its moderate power. Only the source, speakers and room will set the performance limit. Its culture will suit all music, as the Model 404 is by design, set to define the faintest nuances of which tonal integrity is composed.
The power supply section has been improved to the maximum. The 404 standard uses a total of 57000uf capacitance. The 404 Reference lifts the capacitance to a spectacular 107000uf of which 21000 of them are reserved for the preamp only.
Moonriver 404 Reference amplifier is modular like its brother; it can accommodate an MM or MM/MC phono stage and a USB asynchronous DAC. Fitting these modules is simple, and can take place at any time, on or after purchase. The USB DAC may also be upgraded with a newer version to meet future needs and technologies.
Optional Phono Stage
Model 404 Reference comes with two options in the phono stage department; one is MM only and the other is MM/MC selectable. Both follow the exact quality principles that Model 404 Reference is built on. Quality components and massive power supplies are also employed here, to efficiently accommodate very low noise, high performance op-amps
- Inputs: 5 (line 1 and 4 optionally occupied by phono stage and USB DAC respectively, 1 x tape loop)
- Outputs: 2 x preamp out, 1 x rec out
- Max output power: 50 W / channel into 8 Ω
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
- Signal to noise ratio: 85 dB (line)
- Idle Consumption: 22 Watts
- Dimensions (mm): 430 (W) x 390 (D) x 135 (H)
- Weight: 13 kg