- A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt.
- The medium density fibre plinth stands on four feet which act as shock absorbers.
- The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
- The platter is a sandwich construction utilising the hub, a sheet-steel platter weighing 1.3kg and a felt mat.
- The platter's low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless steel axle runs on a polished ball bearing in a brass bearing housing.
- External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.